- Head lice are parasitic insects that only effect humans.
- Head lice thrive on the scalp and are often found behind the ears and near the neckline at the back of the head. They can also be found on eyebrows and eyelashes.
- Head lice stay alive by sucking blood from the human scalp.
- Head lice are very small. They can be tan, brown or grey.
- Head lice are spread through direct head-to-head contact.
- Head lice eggs might be mistaken for dandruff.
- Head lice can only survive 1-2 days off of the human head.
- Itching is the main symptom of head lice caused by an allergy to the lice or lice droppings.
- Anyone can get head lice. They know no socioeconomic or ethnic boundaries.
Where to buy Vamousse
head lice products
Find Out More
See our FAQS to learn all you need
to know about head lice.
Protecting against head lice...
helpful tips for guarding
against an infestation.
Read our guide